This unit contains the following topics:
• Graphing Power Functions
• Graphing Power Functions with Negative Exponents
• Graphing Power Functions with Rational Exponents
• Graphing Polynomial Functions
• End Behavior and Turning Points of Polynomial Functions
• Zeros, Linear Factors, and Multiplicity
• Effects of Multiplicity on the Graph of a Polynomial Function
• Dividing Polynomials using Long Division
• Dividing Polynomials using Synthetic Division
• Factoring Polynomials using Division
• Remainder Theorem
• Factor Theorem
• Rational Zero Theorem
• Irrational Zeros
• Descartes’ Rule of Signs
• Complex Zeros
• Fundamental Theorem of Algebra
• Using Zeros to Write Polynomial Functions
• Graphing Rational Functions
• Vertical, Horizontal, and Slant (Oblique) Asymptotes
• Solving Nonlinear Inequalities (Polynomial and Rational)
This unit does not contain activities.
This is the guided notes, homework assignments, quizzes, study guide, and unit test only. For suggested activities to go with this unit, check out the ATA Activity Alignment Guides.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
This purchase includes a single non-transferable license, meaning it is for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom and can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. A transferable license is not available for this resource.
No part of this resource may be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.