This unit contains the following topics:
• The Polar Coordinate System; Graphing Polar Coordinates
• The Polar Distance Formula
• Basic Polar Equations (Lines and Circles)
• Types and Tests for Symmetry
• Maximum r-Values and Zeros of Polar Equations
• Classifying Classic Polar Curves (Circles, Limaçons, Lemniscates, Roses, Spirals)
• Converting Polar and Rectangular Coordinates
• Converting Polar and Rectangular Equations
• Writing Complex Numbers in Polar Form
• Multiplying and Dividing Complex Numbers
• Powers of Complex Numbers
• Roots of Complex Numbers
• Graphing Parametric Equations
• Writing Parametric Equations in Rectangular Form
• Projectile Motion
This unit does not contain activities.
This is the guided notes, homework assignments, quizzes, study guide, and unit test only. For suggested activities to go with this unit, check out the ATA Activity Alignment Guides.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
This purchase includes a single non-transferable license, meaning it is for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom and can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. A transferable license is not available for this resource.
No part of this resource may be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.