This unit contains the following topics:
• Evaluating Expressions
• Translating Expressions
• Writing Expressions from Real World Scenarios
• Parts of an Expression
• Simplifying Expressions by Combining Like Terms
• Simplifying Expressions using the Distributive Property
• Simplifying Expressions Completely (Distribute and Combine)
• Factoring Expressions (Numerical and Algebraic) using a GCF
• Equivalent Expressions
• Properties (Commutative, Associative, Distributive, Identity, Inverse, Property of Zero)
NOTE: There are two versions of this unit included. Version 1 contains positive integers only; Version 2 contains positive and negative integers. This is to accommodate those who do and do not teach operations with negative integers in sixth grade. Choose the version that best fits the needs of your students.
This unit does not contain activities.
This is the guided notes, homework assignments, quizzes, study guide, and unit test only. For suggested activities to go with this unit, check out the ATA Activity Alignment Guides.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
This purchase includes a single non-transferable license, meaning it is for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom and can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. A transferable license is not available for this resource.
No part of this resource may be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.