This unit contains the following topics:
• Recognizing a direct variation given ordered pairs, equations, and graphs.
• Identifying the constant in a direct variation.
• Solving for missing values given a direct variation relationship.
• Recognizing an inverse variation given ordered pairs, equations, and graphs.
• Identifying the constant in an inverse variation.
• Solving for missing values given an inverse variation relationship.
• Direct and Inverse Variation Application Problems – solving for missing values, and identifying the constant of variation.
If following along with my Algebra 1 Curriculum, I typically teach direct and inverse variation between Unit 4 (Linear Equations) and Unit 5 (Systems of Equations and Inequalities.)
This unit does not contain activities.
This is the guided notes, homework assignments, and test only. For suggested activities to go with this unit, check out the ATA Activity Alignment Guides.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
This purchase includes a single non-transferable license, meaning it is for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom and can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. A transferable license is not available for this resource.
No part of this resource may be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.